Projects and Activities of Nari Seva Sangha
The home has an accommodation of 80. The women stay here with home comforts. They get free stay, food, education, training, learn music, dance, physical exercise and yoga. In sickness they get medical treatment and necessary support.
For entertainment, they have a small library, television and music system. They are taken to movies, market and Puja pandals. They participate in different functions organised by the Sangha like exhibitions, Spring fete and others.
The home follows a prescribed routine from morning till evening like morning prayer, doing domestic works and then going for classes.
The non-formal education class is made for the girl's primary and basic education. The arrangements are made to prepare the suitable students to appear for final school examination. Girls proceeding further appear for the graduation under open university.
In this school, the resident of the Home are trained by skilled teachers in the following subjects. The subject of a particular student is chosen according to her ability. Except computers, products of all these sections are sold in its own showroom and exhibitions, in summer, autumn and Annual spring fete.
- Block Printing
- Silk Screen Printing
- Canteen and Catering
- Tailoring and embroidery
- Food Preservation
- Kantha and Soft Toys
- Machine Knitting
- Making of Eco-friendly carry bags, envelopes, chit pads, etc
- Computer Training and DTP
Computer classes are held twice a week at a nominal fee. The courses offered are:
- Fundamental of Operating System (1 month) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 300 a month) (Notepad, Wordpad, Paint)
- Office Package (6 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 400 a month) (Computer fundamental, Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet)
- Office Package (4 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 350 a month) (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet)
- Concept of Designing (4 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 400 a month) (Concept of Multimedia, Drawing, Photoshop, Printing Technology)
- Quick Office (3 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 450 a month) (Computer fundamental, Word, Excel, Power Point, Page Maker, Internet)
- Digital Designing (3 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 300 a month) (Paintbrush, Photoshop, Corel Draw)
- Internet (1 Month) Twice a week : 1 Hrs (Rs. 300 a month)
- Swift Designing (4 months) Twice a week : 2 Hrs (Rs. 400 a month) (Page Maker, Photoshop, Corel Draw, Flash)
Certificates are issued at the completion of each course.
The quality of products are appreciated which is evident from the exhibitions and constant order by members and friends.
It is to be informed that the Sangha does not have a production centre and the products which are sold are made only during the training period.
This is the pre- primary school of 40 for the children of economically handicapped. The children learn reading, writing by montessori method. They come, play, recite rhymes and have a nutritious tiffin. The timing is from 7AM to 11AM. To run this pre- primary free school, the Sangha depends on donations from local persons and abroad.
The school up to class IV is a new addition to Sangha's activity. It is also running for the children of less privileged families. The Timing is 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
The Sangha runs a Hostel for women working outside. The accommodation is for 40. There is only one single room and the rest are living in dormitories and sharing rooms. Morning tea, lunch and dinner are included in the Hostel charge. The canteen of the Sangha is catering the food.
The Sangha arrange two exhibitions cum sale of its products, in Summer and in Autumn. The Spring fete is arranged generally in early February for three days and in this fete we invite Women's welfare organisations and individual entrepreneurs. The fete has become very popular and considered to be one of the important social events in Kolkata.
Beginers and Advanced Spoken English classes are held twice a week at a nominal fee. The duration of each session is six months. Certificates are issued at the completion of each session.
Semi Classical vocal music classes are held once a week, at a nominal fee. THe classes are conducted under the able guidance of a professionally trained teacher. Certificates are issued at the end of the course.